Thursday 5 September 2013

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 5


Day 5 - My favourite comfort foods and why

My first comfort food is Kedgeree. Not a lot of people eat the version my Mum makes but more people should!

The dish contains boiled rice, flaked smoked haddock, hard-boiled eggs and cream. It is my all time favourite meal because I usually like rice dishes and the taste of this meal is just amazing. 

I believe kedgeree traditionally has curry powder (according to Wikipedia) but it is just so nice without it.

Another comfort food, and I think this is probably true for a lot of people, Christmas Dinner. It brings back a lot of memories for me as it reminds me of family, winter and Christmas in general which I love. We always have roast turkey, gammon, roast potatoes, parsnips (there never seem to be enough so my Dad and I usually fight over the last one), cranberry sauce and occasionally we have yorkshire puddings. I am particularly fussy over vegetables so I usually have some cucumber on the side!

What are your comfort foods?

Love

No comments:

Post a Comment